Describe the problem that you want to address. How does this problem effect people in their daily lives?
We believe that we can find four types of active people in any city:
- those who notice problems and complain about them;
- “analysts” who know how to investigate problems;
- “idea men” - generators of ideas;
- people who have free time and are willing to take targeted action.
The problem is that these groups often exist in parallel, without any interaction with each other. This impedes implementation of projects solving the common problems. Probably, this lack of social integration is a cause of the social passivity in Belarus today.
Describe your proposed solution – How does your approach build on or add to more traditional ways of dealing with problem?
Our idea is to help these groups get in touch with each other, complement each other and, as a result, generate project that would solve the city problems.
To solve this problem, we plan to create a web service and a mobile application with a very simple interface enabling the users to:
- Publish their complaints
- Help formulate a social problem on the basis of the complaints published
- Suggest ideas to solve the problems formulated
- Join as a volunteer to implement the project idea.
We started working on the development of the platform in 2012. To date, Talaka.by hosts over 100 projects, 30 of which have already been implemented. Our experience of work with activists has shown that we need to create a service using the five-step mechanism of social innovation: (complaint)->(problem)->(idea)->(project team formation)->(implementation of the project).
Which technologies are you planning to use and why? Please make reference to other similar uses of your proposed technology.
We plan to apply the web-service game technology. This means users will be offered a web-service and a mobile application with a convenient and simple interface, that will enable:
- Regular users to express any complaints on the platform
- ‘Analysts’ (those users who formulate specific problems on the basis of the complaint) to analyse the complaints
- “Generators of ideas” to offer solutions to the problems;
- All the service users to discuss and vote on the ideas suggested;
- The idea that has brought together those interested in its implementation acquires the “project” status.
- Any registered user can become a project volunteer through the platform
- Our consultant helps the projects at all stages, including pre-moderation.
As a result, we got the completed projects in different spheres of life in different regions of Belarus.